What's new

Plan 9 from outer space 3D (1 Viewer)

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
- never saw it. Apparently they converted from the 2006 colorized version. That was an issue I had with the Three Stooges conversion. I can take or leave the colorization, but would've also liked the option to watch those in black and white 3-D.

Although from the outset I would've preferred to see the money that was squandered on projects like this go towards mastering films that were actually 3-D to begin with, but what's done is done.

According to their press release:
“Plan 9 from Outer Space”, was written, produced, directed and edited by Wood, and was originally shot in black and white over 50 years ago. It was restored and colorized by Legend Films in 2006, and will now be converted, frame by frame into full 3D, using Passmorelab’s proprietary conversion technology. It is Legend Film’s colorized version that is being used for the conversion, which will take over 6 weeks to complete at a cost far greater than the film’s original $60,000 production budget.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
ALERT: ORIGINAL DIMENSION COUNT ALTERED!!!!!

EX-TER-MI-NATE :3dglasses: NOW!!!!!
Care for a Jelly Bay ;)
41dc41a5a7dd61560ffb05b568512879--baby-toms-jelly-babies.jpg

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Isn't it a curious thing how those who have some bizarre hatred for 3-D continue to read threads about the topic!

In my experience, they hate it for the simple reason that they don't have it. And making posts like that makes them feel justified in the sense that they don't want to feel like they are missing out on something (which they are of course), especially if they've spent thousands on a TV that won't offer them that option. So making comments like that makes them feel better about only having the negligible, flat UHD discs...and that's all they'll ever experience.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I love classic movies and I don't hate 3D, it's just that there were so few movies made that way, it just isn't worth the trouble for me. The vast majority of the films I've seen and want to see are flat.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I love classic movies and I don't hate 3D, it's just that there were so few movies made that way, it just isn't worth the trouble for me. The vast majority of the films I've seen and want to see are flat.
This is true, but I still find it worthwhile to watch a movie in 3D when available. I hope I never have to watch House of Wax in 2D again.

Jbug

Agent
Real Name
June

Sounds like you don't do modern movies.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
The vast majority of films I watch are 2d; I know and accept that 3-D is not everyone's cup of tea. The only thing I would like is that when a 3D film is released on bluray that the 3D option be available. It shouldn't be a big ask, but apparently this is considered a hardline, unreasonable attitude to take.

I would like everyone to have the choice to view 3D films and entertainment that way, they are then free to follow their own preference in their own home, rather than force it on the rest of us.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Sounds like you don't do modern movies.

Not modern special effects movies, no. I do see quite a few modern drama and horror movies, but I can't think of any of them that were shot in 3D.

If studios are going to offer 3D as an option, they need to commit to it across the board by producing a wide variety of films using 3D. Unfortunately, they don't do that, so even though they're doing 3D on the big blockbusters, it still is a niche market. And depending on a niche market isn't going to establish a firm base for 3D to thrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks