Placing stereo stuff on top of Mitsubishi 55" tv...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron F, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Aaron F

Aaron F Auditioning

Mitsubishi WSA55 55" - This is the BestBuy Model... it has a really nice/deep top on it.

Can I put my receiver(left), Tivo (right), DVD player (right), and center channel speaker (center/manuf[​IMG]CM) on it? I measured and they will fit quite nicely. My co-worker said something about making sure the speaker is shielded... but what about the receiver, Tivo, and DVD player?

I have a 3 year old and would like to keep the above listed out of his reach.

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Id say to much weight.

Kevin

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Though the electronmagnetic fields generated by the equipment probably won't affect the Mitsu's picture, I still wouldn't do this (especially if you're stacking electronic components on top of each other). If you have the space, get an equipment rack. As for the three-year-old, discourage him in a parental way from ever touching the equipment.

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I wouldn't do it either. May be too much weight.

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I have a two year old and a four year old, they were even younger than that when I started getting all my stuff.

6. Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph Stunt Coordinator

I've had my equipment stacked on top of mine, but not for your reason. My TV is in a corner, so the only place to put the equipment is on top. Any of the premade shelving units are too big to fit in the corner. Short of building a custom wall-mounted unit, I think I'm stuck.

To answer your question, I've had it stacked there and haven't had any noticable problems. I think it looks like crap though, and really would like a different solution.