What's new

Placing floorstanding towers on hardwood - how? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking of getting little felt pads from the hardware store - the type that you use to prevent chairs from scratching the floors. Any other ideas? Do towers generally come with something for this use?

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
My NHT 2.9s came with both spikes and sturdy rubber feet — I use rubber feet. Another thing that you can use to prevent floor from scratching if you only have spikes is to put small coins underneath the spikes. It will allow for better balancing of the speakers than the felt IMHO.

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
I put the spikes on my B&W 804s then put a 12"X12" slab of marble (about $4/ea at Home Depot) under each of them. Works great and I really like the way it looks.

Cheers, Brian

almost forgot, I put some of those felt pads under the marble as well.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
That sounds like a very elegant solution - but it's not in your HT page photos:confused: (nice HT BTW:)). I think I may try that, this application is for my living room for a stereo only music system (dinner music not "serious" listening).

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Philip! Sorry about the website, I've been meaning to update it for quite some time now, but it seems that I don't spend as much time at my home computer on summer weekends ;) Perhaps I'll dodge some of the outdoor bars this weekend and update the page so you can see the way it looks now. The marble tiles really do look quite elegant, and the cheap price makes 'em even better!
Cheers, Brian

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Hey the speakers came with spikes and little rubber feet to put under the spikes - how cool is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks