What's new

Placing A Speaker On A Squar.... (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering about the opinion of the forum about placing a 12x12 peice of granit under the speaker. I have spiked feet on the bottom of my fronts. Someone told me to try putting the granit tile under because I have very deep carpet. It looks like are not level because of the carpet.
Do any of you think it will affect the performance of my speaker?? What do ya'll think?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well it's going to change your vertical height a bit, and that may have some effect on the sound. In time, it'll also leave a nice 1 square foot imprint that won't come up. If you don't have nice floors underneath the carpeting, why not just spike it directly?

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Well Chu I don't have good floors under the carpet, but my speakers look like they sinking in to the carpet. I guess it is just the look of them. Maybe isolating them on the square for looks wouldn't be such a great idea. I don't want to kill the sound quality. Thx Chu

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Thepoint of the spikes is to go through the carpet and hit the hard floor. By floating your speaker up on granite, the heavy slab will be better than just a speaker without spikes on carpet, but the spikes through to the floor will probably be the best at holding the speaker steady.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Could always get longer spikes. In terms of sound quality, you're going to have a more profound effect simply by deciding where they're placed in relation to the room and the listener i.e. distance from the side wall/back wall...toe in. Many of us though, have certain constraints on where the speakers go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks