Places in Southern Califorina to shop???

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Shawn N, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Shawn N

Shawn N Agent

I've went to Best Buy (which is pretty good for listening), Good Guys, Circuit City, Seperco, & Ken Clane.

Anybody no any other places in Southern California to look and listen. None of these place have Boston, and other speakers. I want to listen to as many as possible before buying.

2. Ryan T

Ryan T Second Unit

you should try tweeter. They carry sonus faber, vienna acoustics, mirage, boston acoustics, and bose [​IMG]

I just moved to Socal and i've only visited circuit city, good guys, and a tweeter store (but I didn't get to listen to speakers).

3. Shawn N

Shawn N Agent

They sound good (tweeters). I just checked and they are all new San Diego area. None where I live. Just between LA/Orange County.

4. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

find smaller specialty stores in your area these box stores aren't going to do you any good for auditioning

5. Thomas J. Coyle III

Thomas J. Coyle III Stunt Coordinator

Hi Shawn,

Try Pacific Sales. They are off of Main near South Coast Plaza. I am sure that you can find them in the phone book.
    Regards,
    TCIII

6. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Shawn,
    there is Tweeter in Chino {LA county,the NE border of Orange county],just off the 60 freeway by the 71 express way.
    Tweeter has a website so you can get directions from there if you interested.

7. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

8. Shawn N

Shawn N Agent

Thanks for all the Store's suggested.

Khoa,
    I live in Lakewood. Pretty close to most of the places mentioned.

9. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Another voucher for www.yawaonline.com - they just moved to their new store and I'm not sure how the setup is, but if you call ahead and let them know you're coming, Bill (sales manager) will take good care of you. That's where I've bought all of my stuff over the years (MB Quart speakers which you owe it to yourself to listen to, NAD T762, Panasonic 47" HDTV, etc.).

PS - they are authorized dealers for everything they sell, but they often times cannot sell online so they don't put all their products online. Call ahead and ask if they've got the piece your looking for because the website is just a smattering (probably about 20% or less) of what they sell. Plus they can special order anything from their authorized manufacturers for you (i.e. they are Sony and Panasonic dealers so if they don't have the item in stock, they can order it from Sony or Panny).

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Magnolia HiFi has just set up shop in the L.A. area. Haven't been to it yet. And then there are the boutique high-end stores.