Placement question for Paradigm Studio 100 owners

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Paul Gere, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Guys,

How far are your Studio 100's placed from front and side walls?

I've got Studio 100's and am moving in August to a new home with a smaller space for my rig. I think I may need to get my 100's closer to the corners than they are now (less than ideal) to make space for my screen on a smaller front wall. I may also buy a smaller screen.

For those interested in the gory details, the new room is 12' w x 20' long with a 9' ceiling. Seating will start at about 11' back. My current screen is 8'w x 4.5'h (16:9). I may drop to 7' or even 6' wide. [​IMG] Them's the tradeoffs. At least I've got a good space to work with.

Thanks in advance for your experience and suggestions,
    -Paul

2. Mike_T_

Mike_T_ Stunt Coordinator

If you have to place them close to the wall, toeing them in can alleviate some of the problems that could arrise with reflection etc. The Studio's do a great job of sending the low frequencies stright ahead (so in the sides and back they aren't boomy) so I would assume toeing them in, while placed in the corner might not bee such a terrible thing if you have to do it.

3. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Any other thoughts/suggestions/experiences?

Thanks!

4. Jim_Lan

Jim_Lan Agent

I have back of 100's about 18 inches from back wall and side about 2' side wall. Also have them toed in. At one point I had them about 1 ft from side wall and the bass sounded boomy.