What's new

placement of sub next to floor speaker (1 Viewer)

JasonBenway

Agent
Right now I looks like I'm going to have to put my sub right next to my front right speaker, if I want to have the sub in the corner. They will be about 10 inches apart.

I haven't purchased anything yet, I just want to know if putting the speakers that close together will be an issue.

Thank you
jb

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Your fine with that. The quality of deep bass in your room may change with sub position, but the proximity to one of the mains per se does not cause a problem.

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
Its not always a good idea to have the sub in the corner. As far as how close it is to a speaker should make no difference. Subs are very picky about where they are placed and corner placement will exaggerate the dips/peaks in response. I would suggest you try other placements as well and not limit yourself to the corner.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Corner is usually the best place to start, but Victor is correct that it isn't always the best spot in every room. Most notably, if you have a boomy sub, a corner can actually make it worse - I've found this to be fairly consistent.

I agree about not limiting yourself to that corner, but give it a shot and see how it sounds. 10" away should not be a problem with most speakers. If you have to jam the sub right against the wall, I'd say look for another spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks