What's new

Placement of Rear Sub (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I'm in the process of finishing the basement and need to wire the room for eventual upgrades. The viewing couch will be ~ 10 feet from the TV and L/R Channels. The rears (L/R and Center) will be ~ 8 feet behind the couch.

I plan on running a sub for the rear channel, but should I wire it closer to the couch (there's a pole in the center of the room, so unobtrusive wiring would be a breeze), or against the rear wall ? Checked out Dolby's page, but they didn't show any preferred configs for rear subs.

Since the flooring will be laminate over a concrete subfloor, with lots of area rugs, it seems closer to the couch would help. I enjoy bass...

The forward sub is an Energy ES-10, the rear is an Energy ES-8. L/R are Energy e:XL 26's, both centers are e:XL C's and the rears are e:XL 16's.

Any comments are appreciated !
Thanks

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
If you put it near the couch it seems like it will be in the middle of the room and you won't get much sound fromit. You probably want it aganist the rear wall, preferably in a corner to get the most out of it.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Placing two different subs in two different places can be very tricky. How they interact with the room and each other can play havic with their frequency response. I'd consider finding the best sounding place for the ES10. After you've found it, just put the ES8 on top of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks