Placement for TV ?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MarkSchro, Mar 20, 2006.

1. MarkSchro

MarkSchro Stunt Coordinator

I need help for my TV placement It can only go on the north or south wall. I just floored up my second story so I now have a bonus room. The sun will never have direct light on either wall. Can anyone suggest where they would put the TV? Any help would be great. I am attaching a rough sketch of the layout it is in the gallery under Albums-markschroeder called room on this site. Thanks.
    mark

2. Brian D H

Brian D H Second Unit

The layout is nearly the same either way - the only significant difference being the stairs.

TV on South wall: You'd be facing the stairs and the flow of traffic, so you'll never be snuck up on - great if you're the paranoid type. [​IMG]

TV on North wall: Your back is now to the flow of traffic. In my opinion much less distracting when watching a movie since people can come and go without being in your field of vision.

Obviously I'd go with the North wall, but this ones a matter of personal preference and what your priorities are.

3. MarkSchro

MarkSchro Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the input I like the north wall and my wife likes the south wall, figures.

4. Joel Stein

Joel Stein Stunt Coordinator

Whoops, that's a critical bit of info you didn't include in your first post.

South wall it is, then!

5. Brian D H

Brian D H Second Unit

Whoops! Sorry about the "paranoid" crack then. [​IMG]