What's new

Placed A Bid On A 3802 (1 Viewer)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I will see if I can get it for a reasonable price. If not I will get the 898 at JR!
Any last appeals to change my mind?
The Sony DA5ES was a great contender. But the 7 channels for better or worse in the 3802 and 898 beat it out by a hair!
I have not heard or seen any of these rcvrs. So what can I say???? I can't be disappointed unless it doesn't work out of the box.
The JVC 10 was a best buy if you don't need or want ES DISCRETE(only es matrix). This was the heaviest of the whole pack and looked well built.
This was a tough decision. I have owned all the brands before except a Denon. So If it is really made in Japan and works, I suspect it will be a great rcvr.:) :frowning: :D :thumbsdown: :rolleyes::crazy: :laugh: :confused:
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
:cool: :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Let us know how things turn out. You should be very happy with the Denon.. mind if i ask how much you are getting for and if you are getting it from an authorized dealer? It's very important to always buy denon from authorized dealers only.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
There are no dealers within 150 miles(( I'm in LA(lower ALA/North FLA))for Denon and my Onkyo dealer does not have the 898/sony5es/yamaha2200/jvc10
etc. And will not or can not order them for me. I could get the Sony from OADES which is a 3 hour drive. That is my 3rd choice!
THIS AUCTION IS FOR ONE BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED DENON RECEIVER AVR-3802 WITH FULL WARRANTY
This meets federal law for all purposes and the dealer swaps out DOAS.
I emailed him and he said it was a full US warranty and others that have bought from him have had no problems for Yamaha and Denon=his only lines!!
If the bid lasts it will be for $725 plus $40 freight from a 5 star company and full us warranty in a factory sealed box. Several 100 people have bought Yama's and denons from this dealer and those are the only brands he sells.
I will give you all the details if my bid holds out. He does not have a website. Just a street address and phone number.
I'm a little upset over this dealer stuff and have never had a problem with sony/jvc/onkyo/jbl/ge/rca/kenwood/pioneer in area of authorized dealers. Denon, in my opinion, does not deserve special treatment beyond other lines for dealerships. If you have a new US unit with a full factory warranty in a sealed box, your Grandmother could give it to you and the warranty would have to be good. If its not, then its time to do business with a real company that will stand behind its products! Je Ne Suis Pas!
PS/ I'm not mad at anyone at this forum! You guys are the best/thanks for all the help!!!!
Also I e-mailed an authorized dealer with no response!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=38785;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Ok I e-mailed the dealer and ask if I could buy direct and drop my bid. He said no problem(set price of$770 delivered to my door). But If I wanted to use my charge card and not pay-pal I had to wait until 1 feb. He was over his limit for the month(next fri).

Any comments? I dropped my bid for now!

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I hear JR calling in my dreams"buy the 898 from me, i'm an authorized dealer"!!!!

If anyone knows of an authorized dealer that will deliver to my door for $800 the 3802 , let me know!

If I'm going to pay the price for a ruby, I want a ruby, not a pearl.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
OK//I'M DOUBLE BAD!!!!
Call 6th ave and get your stuff if you do not have a local dealer within driving distance. Ask for Steave or anyone. They will put you in pain. The wife hitting you kind when she sees the charge card!:D :laugh:
PS// I ordered my 3802/should be here Tues. If I told you the price I would have to kill you. Get your own price!
EARL;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks