Place to buy AS-F2's

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MikeGee, Feb 28, 2005.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

I am looking to buy a pair of Athena AS-F2 floor speakers to finish off my home theatre sound setup. Unfortunatly the only place that seems to carry them that i know of is Future Shop and they are kinda pricey right now (800$ canadian)
    Anyone know of any canadian retailers that carry these?
    I am in the Montreal area.
    thanks alot

2. Joey_V

Joey_V Second Unit

Bestbuy here in the Midwest of the USA had them on sale for I think, $300/pair. I'm sure you can find pretty competitive prices on ebay.

3. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

audio advisor

4. Brad_B

Brad_B Auditioning

Future Shop will usually bend on the price if you push them. Also, you might want to consider the F1's instead. I tried both the F1's and F2's and there was very little difference in them, especially for movies. The F2's have a little more bass but if you have a decent subwoofer you won't tell the difference. I ended up with F1's and the C1 up front and B2's for the rear. Absolutely amazing speakers.

Also, check out www DOT wackys DOT ca
    (stupid 15 post rule before I can post URL's!!!)

They have several stores in Canada and they carry the Athena speakers as well. I have both Wacky's and Future Shop locally so I just played them off each other for a while until FS gave me the best price ;-)

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"stupid 15 post rule before I can post URL's!!!" smartest move a forum could ever do! IMO!

Mike, I'm trying to keep my eye out for a single AS-f2, and since Athena won't sell me one I'm stck waiting.

I'm looking at picking up a single if somebody wants 1 for a centre channel.

That's won't be till the first week of May though!

Brent

6. Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R Stunt Coordinator