What's new

PJ Harvey close to completing 'ugly' new album (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Here's some good news:

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...sm_744165.html

Harvey says she is close to completing her new studio album and intends to showcase it at Glastonbury this year.

The singer says the new LP is "ugly and disturbing" compared to her last two.

She is planning to release the album later this year, ahead of a UK tour.

Harvey is also collaborating with Queens of the Stone Age for the 9th Desert Sessions album along with former Marilyn Manson bass player Twiggy.

"With every album I tend to react against the previous one in an effort to find new ground," she told Radio 1.

"With this record, it's pretty ugly really. Quite an ugly sounding batch of songs. Quite disturbing, quite dark, quite bluesy.

"At the moment it's feeling good. I just go by how my guts feel."

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

Rid of me is definitely my favorite recording from her. But the others aren't too bad either.

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Certianly "Rid of Me" and "Dry" are great albums, but don't dismiss the last couple, especially "Stories From the City, Stories from the Sea". Yes, it's a bit more polished than some of the others, but I find it to be her most "complete" album. It works great as cohesive work from the first note to last. After forcing a friend to listen to it, his description was "absolutely compelling" which I thought summed it up pretty well.

Looking forward to anything else she does... an amazing live performer as well (I've seen her about 10 times or so).

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks