What's new

Pizza & Movie (1 Viewer)

JackS

Supporting Actor
Buy a large Pizza from Papa John's and get your choice of 3 movie DVD's. "Corina Corina", " A Kid In Alladins Palace" "Drop Dead Fred". Minimum purchase $9.98(with coupon, add $2.49 without) for one large 2 topping. Movie and a pizza for 10 bucks, not bad.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
All or most of the previous Papa Johns DVD offerings have been pan & scan-only. Chances are, this latest wave is too.

jian

Agent
Good deal...I will check this out. Hope they are not pan and scan, but if they are, I can always give away or sell. Thanks! :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Considering the DVD release of Drop Dead Fred was POS only, I'd have to consider it a virtual certainty.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
But I believe Drop Dead Fred was filmed that way. That's what the back of the case says anyways.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Beware. The one of these that I got ("Don Juan DiMarco") from Papa John's was not only Pan 'N Scan, but it had locked remote functions, lots of forced trailers/commercials, 2.0 DD (instead of the 5.1 DD available on this title from the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart), no chapter stops, no menu at all, etc.

We always (except for this one time to get the DVD) use coupons at Papa John's. Unless you normally pay full price for their pizza, I would say avoid this deal altogether.

Just my opinion.

JKS

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Dear Mr. John,

If you are reading this, please cease and desist this DVD promotion. I have stopped eating your pizza (which I love, by the way) because you have all but abandoned utilizing special deals for what you do best... MAKING DELICIOUS PIZZA.

I always have movies on hand to watch. I also have an account with Netflix which allows me to watch movies in their original widescreen format.

Until you resume offering special promotions which include more dough, tomato sauce, and fresh toppings than my family can eat in one evening, I will continue patronizing your largest competitors. Just thought you'd like to know.

Hopefully,

Chris

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Do people not care about the special features or aspect ratios anymore? I for one want the original case, so I would not buy this deal. Besides, it's Papa Johns, ewww.

Ryan

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
About 3 months back, Papa Johns was offering a similar promotion. I selected "Weekend at Bernies." That DVD was also limited in its sound abilities - Dolby Digital 2.0 was the only option, I believe. Setting it up with Pro Logic II/Movie was essentially my only option. But, still, the sound was quite bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks