Pizza Hut: Oh, the horror!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jereme D, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I have only experienced blinding pain as a result of eating bad food a couple of times. Tonight was one of those nights.

I ordered a P'zone from Pizza Hut. After only several bites, I was feeling ill. 20 minutes later, I'm doubled over in pain. I had to lay down to work it off.

Wow!

The cheese was different from the regular pizza. I think that was the problem.

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

They looked disgusting from the start. I hate PizzaHut! They have such lackluster pizza.
    If I want a Pzone, Ill get two GOOD pizzas and slap one over the other. [​IMG]

3. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I always thought if you had food poisoning, it didn't show up for at least 24 hours (time enough to get thru your system).

4. Jereme D

It wasn't food poisoning. Just an incredible pain in my stomach.

5. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Probaibly just a really nasty case of heartburn. I get it if I drink on a empty stomach. One drink and im doubled over for like 20min. But if I get someting to eat beforehand im good to go all night. Although the next day is always a different story.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I thought food poisoning at first, too. Did the pains feel like cramps? And what kind of pizza is that? I haven't ordered from Pizza Hut in more than a year--the one that serves my area has indifferent service (count on, at mimimum, an hour-long wait), geasy pies that immediately need reheating when they arrive, and very poor crusts.

7. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

I also had a P-Zone the other night and I paid the price for the next 24 hours.

Craig T. Nelson expressed my sentiments exactly when he declared "I hate Pizza Hut!" in the movie Poltergeist.

8. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

This reminds me of the classic line from the "Lord of the Flies" Simpsons episode where Sherri or Terri says "I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!".

I feel the same way about Pizza Hut. yeesh.

9. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Pizza Hut is the WORST!!! Incredibly greasy yukky pizza.

10. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

I like Pizza Hut. In the town I live in its the only place that has pizza that doesnt suck. I live in a college town of about 24K people so all the pizza places are REALLY cheap both in price an quality. Pizza Hut is the best of what we have.....That being said, P'Zones suck a fat one. They dont have any sauce for one thing!! WTF is that?

-Marshall

11. Jack Briggs

Can someone describe these "P'zone" things to me? What are they?

12. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Another Pro-Pizza Hut here. They make well made pan pizzas in the areas I've lived in. However, I don't think I'll be picking up a Pzone anytime soon.

13. Bac Bradley

Bac Bradley Stunt Coordinator

The P'Zone has some funky seasoning on it which gave me 1) stomach pains and 2) heartburn. Skip it, at all costs. I'm actually going to write a review in the next week or 2 on it which should be good for a laugh. It'll be done similar to this one for DiGiorno's:
    http://www.themanroom.com/fb_food_digiornos.asp
    later - Bac

14. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

Jack: Basically it's a big pizza pocket, only made in the Pizza Hut style. This, of course, means that there is enough grease involved to do a full-service on a Sherman Tank. The inside is filled with whatever toppings you want, and some kind of strange not-tomato-not-cheese-based sauce that makes the whole thing taste like a stromboli crossed with a cannoli. Needless to say, being part-Italian, I am very ashamed to admit to having tried one. I did not like them at all.

15. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Wow, I am lucky that I have a genuine Italian pizza place that makes F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C Pizza. There are about 5 Pizza Huts within a 20 minute drive of me and I haven't been to one in over 5 years.

16. Jack Briggs

That review was too kind. The crust really does kill that frozen pizza--the bottom of the crust is slick, possessing almost none of the texture one associates with crust. Feels like a hot plastic surface. In fact, the crust seems to belong to one pie and the toppings to another.

And no matter what you do, nor no matter how carefully you bake a Digiorno's, it still has that frozen-pizza aftertaste that screams "processed." Can't stand those things.

John: thanks for the explanation--and tip-off. All the more reason not to order from the Hut again.

17. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Do yourself a favor and find a small ma and pa pizza place and get a calzone. They're much tastier than anything Pizza Hut can come up with.

I avoid Pizza chains, the little restaurants might be a little more, but they're worth it!

18. Jereme D

I'd forgotten about those spices on top. Maybe those were the problem, but I'm still thinking that it was the cheese.

Jack: It was a tightening in my stomach. It felt like it was being pulled in very tightly from all sides. haha. The paid appeared suddenly out of nowhere. The only indication I had that trouble was ahead was some nausea after those several bites that I ate.

19. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

20. Pat K

Pat K Stunt Coordinator

You all have it wrong. Well, maybe not.

Like i said, I work at Pizza Hut. We have about 10 pizza huts in our county, and ours is the best, stastically.

And Pzones around here are VERY popular. I eat them all the time, as I get 50% off. The sauce is on the side, in a cup. Its Marinara. And dont worry, its real too.

We use Mozarella cheese, just like on the pizza, except its a big slice, not shredded. We dont custom make them, we premake them, then cook to order. We have 4 different types:

Classic: Cheese, Sausage, Green Peppers, Onions

Meaty: Cheese, Sausage, Beef, Pork, Bacon, Ham, and Pep.

Pep: Cheese, Pep

Cheese: Cheese, + more shredded mozarella

And those spices on top, are just a mix of parmesan cheese and parsley, which we buy locally, so its not distributed by Pizza Hut.

Maybe you guys just have some shitty Pizza Huts near you, but I love everything we make, especially P'Zones.