What's new

Pixellation / Audio Problems with Panasonic XP30 and Toy Story 2 (1 Viewer)

aldamon

Second Unit
I just got my new Panasonic XP30 and JVC 48" RPTV and I'm LOVIN' the combination except when I try to watch Toy Story 2. Whenever I watch this DVD, I get intermittant pixellation and audio drop outs. The effects are easily reproducible and happen at the same time every time. It does this in both progressive and interlaced mode. My first instinct was to blame the TV, because after all this is THE XP 30 right? Well, I think the audio dropouts almost eliminate that possibility.

Any ideas? This is the only DVD that does this! Oddly enough Toy Story 1 doesn't do this. Is Toy Story 2 a problematic DVD in general or should I focus on the XP30? My Pioneer DV-333 had no problems with this DVD.

MikeSRC

Second Unit
When that's the only disk that's a problem and it happens in the same place every time, it's probably the disk. I had a copy of LOTR that froze up in the same place every time on my RP-82. I exchanged the disk for another one, and the new disk is fine. The problem disk played on a cheap Oritron player without problems though. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks