pixelation

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Zack<P>, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Zack<P>

Zack<P> Agent

i recently bout a hitachi 50 multisystem hdtv rear projection .anyway ive noticed lately on many of my movies the picture is pixelated heavily .is this normal if not how do i fix it or correct it ?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Possibly it is not the TV but rather the DVD player that is the problem ...

Try cleaning the laser with a lens cleaner or use another DVD player to verify the problem location.

Regards

3. Zack<P>

Zack<P> Agent

thanks for the tip mike .i'll try that when i get home in the morning .wasnt sure if it was the tv or not because i never notic3ed pixels before on my 27 inch and now that i have double the size i was thinking it might be normal then again maybe not .

4. Rob White

Rob White Stunt Coordinator

I know this is an old thread, but I've noticed pixelation on my new Samsung LCD. Some stuff looks great, but some things (like some of the fur in March of the Penguins, for example) looks weird. Don't now exactly how to describe it.

One of the high def channels (through a cable box) was showing "Finding Neverland" tonight. The faces up-close looked very strange. Again, hard for me to describe, but fuzzy and changing even during a rather still shot.

Any thoughts?

Other things, like high def sports on ESPN and all my Xbox 360 games, look absolutely fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Rob

5. John S

John S Producer

Usually source issues... Saddly enough.