Pixelation on Toshiba 42H81

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Turnbull, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

Hi,

I recently bought a Toshiba 42H81. I'm noticing a lot of pixelation on some of my DVDs, mostly in static shots (on someone's closeup face, a wall in the background, the sky, etc.).

It's not horrible by any means, but just not what I expected, nor what I saw in my shopping expeditions (and I looked at the 42 in a couple of stores). I brought a few sample DVDs with me back to the store from which I bought the TV and they looked fine there.

I have a Toshiba 2008 DVD player, but have also tried a friend's 2109 (both via SVideo) with similar results.

Though I haven't performed a 54 point convergence yet, I have done the 8 point.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm pretty new to the HT game, so I may be missing something obvious...

Thanks,

2. JohnHN

JohnHN Stunt Coordinator

It MAY be serious. Pixelation was one of the symptoms on my 50HX81 when I bought it and in my case it turned out that it needed a new doubler board. Call in the service people -- or better yet, have the set replaced.

3. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

Thanks for the reply John...I had initially hoped it was simply the 2008.
    A previous thread from another forum about "shimmering" mentioned playing with the brightness/contrast/gamma settings, but I don't hold out much hope for that (though I'll try).
    I was also hoping that perhaps you might point me to the "Fix Pixelation" button that I had just happened to miss... [​IMG]
    Regards,