What's new

pixel blindness? (1 Viewer)

jack w

Agent
I am in the market for a new tv and we went looking at dlp and crt rptvs last night.I thought the samsung dlps had great pictures but she noticed the pixels everytime a scene changed.she said it bothered her eyes and i really didnt notice,has anyone noticed this?.Also she didnt notice it on some smaller crt sets and some larger crt rptvs. Ive been hearing alot of things about front projection and id like to take a look but i dont know where to go.I this "pixel thing" a problem with front proj. dlps also?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to describe this "pixel thing" more.

It sounds as if you're describing digital compression, which would be more apparent at scene changes. I notice this locally on a cable feed of MTV2 especially, it drives me nuts, even on my VERY small like 24in TV. This isn't pixels. You'll have to describe what source you were viewing, as pixels stay the same on digital displays, and while certain video, like bright even scenes (white, skies, etc) let you see them clearly, they don't change or anything between scenes at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks