What's new

Coco (2017)

H

HTF Guest

Title: Coco (2017)

Tagline: The celebration of a lifetime

Genre: Animation

Director: Lee Unkrich

Cast: Anthony Gonzalez, Gael García Bernal, Benjamin Bratt, Alanna Ubach, Renée Victor, Ana Ofelia Murguía, Edward James Olmos, Antonio Sol, Alfonso Aráu, Selene Luna, Dyana Ortelli, Herbert Siguenza, Jaime Camil, Sofía Espinosa, Luis Valdez, Polo Rojas, Montse Hernandez, Lombardo Boyar, Octavio Solis, Gabriel Iglesias, Cheech Marin, Carla Medina, Blanca Araceli, Natalia Córdova-Buckley, Salvador Reyes, John Ratzenberger, Memo Aponte, Liliana Barba Meinecke, Emmanuel Bernal, David Berón, Denise Blasor, Wilma Bonet, Alex Castillo, Vicki Davis, Daniel Diaz, Roberto Donati, Efrain Figueroa, Deb Fink, Libertad García Fonzi, Emilio Fuentes, Daniella Garcia-Lorido, Mike Gomez, Lillian Groag, Joshua Guerrero, Montse Hernandez, Marabina Jaimes, Jossara Jinaro, Christian Lanz, Constanza Lechuga, Luisa Leschin, Ruth Livier, Maria Dominique Lopez, Valeria Maldonado, Richard Miro, Adrian Molina, Daniel Edward Mora, Vivianne Nacif, Adriana Sevahn Nichols, Jonathan Nichols, Arthur Ortiz, Jessica Pacheco, Juan Pacheco, Jacqueline Pinol, James Ponce, Al Rodrigo, J. Francisco Rodriguez, Polo Rojas, Eduardo Roman, Eddie Santiago, Melissa Santos, Luis Solís, Rosalba Sotelo, Chris Triana, Trujo, Lee Unkrich, Ruth Zalduondo, James Zavaleta, Bernardo Cubria, Gary Carlos Cervantes, Johnny A. Sanchez, Levi Nunez, Óscar Bonfiglio, Lalo Alcaraz, Marcela Davison Aviles, Carolina Ángel

Release: 2017-10-27

Runtime: 105

Plot: Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector, and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.

Looks pretty good. And hey, it's not another remake! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
WOW ... that truly looks amazing. I love music. This has my attention. That last shot screams for a 3D release. Thx for posting this.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It looks promising. It will be interesting to see how it compares to "The Book of Life" in depicting the underworld.

I'm also looking forward to CARS 3. There. That should get people going. ☺

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm sure we'll go see Cars 3 but after that GIANT turd they laid with C2, I have my hesitations.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I never get the hatred for the second one. It was an homage to the James Bond movies of old and, frankly, it was a better "Bond" style flick than any of the real Bond movies in the last twenty years.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
People are nuts. Cars 2 was an homage to Hitchcock and Bond thrillers, John Lassetter publicly stated as much, and yet nobody seemed to get it. Except for Edwin and me, that is. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Coco also seems to be their only non-sequel release until at least 2020.

The original Cars is also not a universally beloved film. It has the lowest RT score (74) of any Pixar film except, naturally, Cars 2 (39).

Last edited:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cars appealed mainly to little kids and older men. Probably the narrowest target audience of any Pixar film.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They would superficially share some similarities since they both use the Mexican "Day of The Dead" celebration as a theme. However, from watching the CoCo trailer that is where the similarity ends. CoCo appears to be about trying to find out about an absent father, while "The Book of Life" was about a love triangle and an unusual relationship between the two Underworld "Gods".

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Coco looks like the more interesting one of the 2 Pixar films of 2017. Still plan to check out Cars 3.

Captain Underpants, on the other hand... not so much! But knows, if it ends up giving Cars 3 a run for its money.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
My 9 year old boy is already gearing up for both movies. :)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Coco looks like the more interesting one of the 2 Pixar films of 2017. Still plan to check out Cars 3.

Captain Underpants, on the other hand... not so much! But knows, if it ends up giving Cars 3 a run for its money.

Captain Underpants may surprise you. I had no idea what to expect and I found it to be very entertaining for both kids and adults. 85% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks