pixar studios theater

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brice, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Brice

Brice Stunt Coordinator

I just got back from the Maya User's group at Pixar Studios in Emeryville, CA... and man... their set up there for the theater is so awesome... imagine this... Digital projection of examples of Finding Nemo at full quality, colors popping off the screen, and sound so clear it would make one sing... the bass kicked so hard and so clean... mmm.... I am so fantasticly honored to be able to go to a place like that, hopefully some day i'll be able to work there... I just wanted to speak out and say that quality really does matter... and i wish i could afford something similar to what they have there, but i'm only a college student, and money for anything remotely close to that is really nonexistant... It is times like this that i love theater... and with the amount of kick they were getting from the low end in that theater, i would say that it easily rivaled most theaters out there. I'm stoked... Brice

2. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Stick with it! With a little knowledge and some discretionary income once you graduate and start working you'll be surprised how easy it is to be able to reproduce most of what you saw and heard at Pixar in your own (future) home.

You have the luxury of youth and also of a technology that progresses rapidly as prices plummet.

Good luck!

[​IMG] [​IMG]