What's new

Pixar Animated Shorts DVD? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw this over at another forum and thought I'd bring it up here. A search showed no immedate info about it, though I could have missed something. The source of the info is not named:
Pixar DVD News...
Pixar editor Steve Bloom is already working on the Finding Nemo documentary that will appear on the DVD.
"And speaking of DVDs, it looks like there will be DVD compilation of all the Pixar shorts coming out sometime in 2004."
Feedback?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
That's cool, but if you have all of the Pixar movie CE's then you already have them all.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
That's cool, but if you have all of the Pixar movie CE's then you already have them all.
These are on the Toy Story LD box:

Andre and Wally B.
Luxo Jr.
Red's Dream
Tin Toy
Knick Knack

in addition to the two new ones (Geri's Game, For the Birds).

Are you sure every one has been released? I thought at least a couple were missing.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I love Knick Knack (that's the one
with the snow man snow globe, correct???)
To the best of my knowledge, it is not currently
available on DVD, or I would have it.
Mark

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The following Pixar shorts have been released on DVD:

Tin Toy (Toy Story DVD)
Geri's Game (A Bug's Life DVD
Luxo Jr. (Toy Story 2 DVD)
For The Birds (Monsters, Inc. DVD)
Mike's New Car (Monsters, Inc. DVD)

and according to aintitcoolnews.com today, the "Finding Nemo" DVD will included "Knick Knack". By the looks of it, that leaves only "The Adventures of Andre and Wally B." and "Red's Dream" unaccounted for. While I'll almost certainly buy the set as I'm a big Pixar fan, the fact that it may include only two exclusive short films is somewhat dissapointing. Perhaps they'll include some of their commercials? It would likely be a rights nightmare but it may be possible.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The entire blurb is:
Pixar DVD News
AICN's Reno Nevada reports that editor Steve Bloom is already working on the Finding Nemo documentary that will appear on the DVD. "And speaking of DVDs, it looks like there will be DVD compilation of all the Pixar shorts coming out sometime in 2004."
and is from Animated Movies, which also has good (The Incredibles) and bad (Finding Nemo) news items on upcoming Pixar films.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Well, the "Finding Nemo" DVD won't be out until (at least) almost 2004.

So no, not all Pixar shorts are on DVD. 3 are not.

I expect they'd come up with test animation and other cool extras even if they didn't have rights for their commercials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks