What's new

Directors pitch game, come up with a cool idea and pitch it in 6 lines or less. (1 Viewer)

chris winters

Second Unit
i thought i would see how many fresh ideas poeple had, and have some fun in the process. Its a writing exercise. The rules are simple, and if anyone has any advice to make it better, feel free to change it. in 6 lines give a simple plot pitch, and lets see who has the knack for the broad strokes. My advice would be to write it quickly, more instict, then thought out. makes them more darring, and a write might jot down 5-6 of these a day, and keep the bits worth saving.

here's my first try.

* A man travelling across the notheast durring the early-mid 1800s escapes a disaster envolving his wagon train.

* He wanders lost until happening upon a settlement in rural montana.

* He agrees to some work in the local establishment and soon discoveres the town has a secret.

* Many of the members of the town resemble people from his past, slowly revealed in flashback sequences. including a young woman who he was falling for, a former love from his past. He murders a man, who was plotting to kill a father figure to him, before the man can execute his plot.

* He begins to doubt his sanity, and tries to escape the town, but they come after him, thinking him a criminal.

* The big reveal, the town only existed in his mind and he had fallen from the wagon hitting his head,and as he lay dyeing, with everyone else, he flashbacked through his life. his regrets etc...and didnt realise what was happening.

its ok, if they are a bit cheezey or cliche. Just have some fun.

chris

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I don't have a pitch, but this thread reminds me of a hilarious SNL skit where TV executives on are a gameshow and have to come up with pitches. Now that was funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks