What's new

Pitch Black: wow and again, wow, wow wow! (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I loved the movie, but I thought the DVD was lacking in the extras department (hey, I like extras). I thought the "Pitch Black Rave" thing was really lame.
Speaking of Vin, if you want to be _really_ cool you'll go out and buy "Short Cinema Journal vol 5 - Diversity" which has Vin's short film "Multi-Facial". This is the film that got him noticed by Spielberg and cast in "Saving Private Ryan" and basically launched his career. The disc can be found at most online stores and sells for around $10 US.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of my favorite DVD's, the audio Commentary is great too, the guys have a lot of fun on it.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I bought this DVD at Wal*Mart. I was later pissed off to find, after I had opened it, of course, that there were two different versions of this DVD. The version Wal*Mart had did not have the unrated version. I didn't even know there was an unrated version until it was too late.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
Chalk me up as another big fan of this film, I have the Unrated version. I particularly love the opening crash sequence AND especially the scene where the eclipse starts, the feeling of dread and impending doom is awesome. The score is original and really adds to the film. One of my fav DVD's I think.
Paul.

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
Horrid film - corny, brainless and a waste of two hours of my life - like too many films these days.
Again it proves the adage that SF is so easy to do wrong, and so difficult to do right.
Good dts sound throughout however.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I, too, loved this one. Saw it in theaters and bought the DVD as soon as it came out.
I really dislike one line in the film, however (I may be quoting it incorrectly): "I absolutely believe in God. And I absolutely hate the fucker." As a Christian, this bothers me. I cringe every time I hear it. Otherwise, Pitch Black is a great movie from start to finish.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Well... as it is a mass murderer saying that line... it doesn't bother me so much. I was much more disturbed by The Mole character in the South Park movie.
But Pitch Black is a fantastic movie, especially given the meager budget and B-grade actors. And boy howdy, what sound!

paul_v

Second Unit
Hmm how do I know I have the unrated version? I'm at work so I cant look at the box but does it say on the cover or was it only on the shrinkwrap? Which line of dialogue made it "uncut"?
------------------

Steve-T

Grip
I am another big fan. I love the look of the film. I also like the play between the two leads, just not sure who will save their own ass and who is a hero. Favorite seen is when they know they are pressed for time and that fabulous shot of the ringed planet comes over the horizon.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
quote: "I absolutely believe in God. And I absolutely hate the fucker."[/quote]
I LOVE this line. It's the best line in the movie.
Also, another line that caused controversy was in The Blair Witch Project, "Fuck you, god."
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed
[Edited last by Brad_W on October 24, 2001 at 08:51 AM]

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for pointing out this one, guys. I don't recall hearing about it in the theaters, but I rented it as a result of this thread. Very cool, enjoyable movie, the best I've seen in a while. I liked the story, which is usually a weak point in the film medium. The DTS is spectacular.
Oh, and that line:
"I absolutely believe in God. And I absolutely hate the fucker."
was my favorite.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this is the movie theater, and for some reason didn't like it for whatever was my thinking then. I read a DVD review about the incredible use of color, and I wanted to check out the movie again so I rented it. I am SO glad I did because the second time around, I absolutly loved it. I went out and bought it the next day. I kept thinking to my self...."what was I thinking after I saw it in the movie theater??"
It is one of my favorite sci-fi movies for watching as well as a demo for showing off my system for sound and color!
When they first step out of the dark ship into the ultra-bright planet-scape...damn, talk about some wild use of filters!
This disk is right up there for me with Fifth Element for refrence quality demo's, and one of the few disks that I have watched numerous times!
Matt
------------------
NO OAR...NO SALE/NO RENTAL!

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Count one more vote for this great movie. It really surprised me as I was expecting the worst Alien rip off. Good characters, nice story, good pacing and Vin really make it a keeper.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This movie grows on you. The first time I watched it I thought it was so-so. Second time was better. Third time I loved it! :)

AllenD

Second Unit
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie as well. I loved VD's character and his attitude. I regret spending the money on renting it. I never knew there was an unrated version, which I'll be getting tomorrow.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I like a lot too RED PLANET,
David I'm happy to see another person who likes Red Planet!
I love Red Planet! The sound is awesome and the picture is perfect!
And oh yes Pitch Black is an awesome flick, the sound rocks!!
Vin Diesel KICKS A$$!!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks