Pitch Black Uncut DTS Problem??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

OK, guys, I am lost...
    I just picked up a copy of Pitch Black (Director's Cut) and for some reason, I just could not get DTS out of it at all. It plays in DD 5.1, but when I press audio select on my DVD player, there is nothing to select, I tried select DTS on my Toshiba before starting the movie, but once the movie starts, its DD 5.1 again. Just to be sure, I popped in my Jurassic Park DTS and there's no problem whatsoever.
    I rented the "regular" version of Pitch Black before and I don't remember having this problem(ie I can do either DD 5.1 or DTS), and the box clearly shows that it's both DTS and DD 5.1.
    Anymore has any clues? Thanks.

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

I believe what you are trying to do is select the audio "on the fly". Not all DVDs support this. You are required to select the DTS option in the menu.
    -Dwayne

3. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Thanks Dwayne, I found it, the DTS selection is under "Language" [​IMG].

4. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Steve, don't feel bad. It took me a lot longer to figure out that the DTS tracks are sometimes under that "language" section.
    I remember soon after I upgraded to DTS, I borrowed "Man on the Moon" from my friend and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to access the DTS track. I eventually gave up. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]