What's new

Pit and the Pendulum (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else besides me love this classic V. Price flick?
I have the GoodTimes VHS. Was thinking of getting the DVD.
Is it a good transfer?
Thanks.
B00005AUK4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I've been pleasantly surprised by all of the MGM Midnite Movies titles and this Poe series is no exception. My only beef is that I'd like more of 'em and fast!

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
The transfer is very (read VERY) good as are most to all of MGMs Midnight Movies on DVD.

Unfortunately the DVD is not anamorpic but still looks fantastic. I also have the LD which pales in comparison to the DVD transfer!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I was thinking of getting this one but "not anamorphic" kills it for me. MGM are particularly guilty in issuing non-anamorphic wide screen discs and the packaging often doesn't indicate this.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
This is a very good DVD, picture is nice and sharp and the colors are beautiful. I'm a big Vincent Price fan as well and eagerly await his other titles as I have most on VHS.:emoji_thumbsup:

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
The PIT AND THE PENDULUM disc is gorgeous. I have a widescreen television and can usually tell the difference between non-anamorphic titles vs. anamorphic ones. This is one of those rare non-anamorphic DVD's that looks almost as good as an anamorphic. Since this is an unlikely title to be remastered I wouldn't hold off on buying it.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I'm glad to hear this is a good transfer. I would have snapped it up in a second had it been anamorphic. Since it seems to be available for about $10 I may have to compromise and pick it up anyhow. Still, a missed opportunity that I assume will never be revisited. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks