What's new

Pistols 'n Petticoats (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1966_TV_Programs.jpg

now i see why i did not remember it.

it ran along get smart and lawrence welk.

if i wanted to watch get smart, i had to give my dad a neck rub. afterwards, we watched the last half of lawrence welk, which i also liked.

but at the time, not much could beat "i told you not to tell me that" !!

plus looking at barbara feldon wasnt bad, either !!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Out of curiosity, what company owns this today? Universal or CBS where it aired?

I'd love to see Timeless release Ann Sheridan's final on-screen appearances. Seems like a well liked show that a surprising number of people remember despite its single season run, that likely would've lived on had she not suddenly passed away.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Universal. Who knows what 16mm elements they have on the show. Although it was shot in color, the only prints I've ever come across, other than the unaired pilot, have been black and white of color.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Neil Brock said:
Universal. Who knows what 16mm elements they have on the show. Although it was shot in color, the only prints I've ever come across, other than the unaired pilot, have been black and white of color.

Neil, was the unaired Pilot (w/Chris Noel instead of Carole Wells) an early version of a regular episode of the show?

If so, which one?

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Although I saw this AFTER it aired, look what was on Decades lineup today, episodes of:

Pistols 'n' Petticoats
The Beulah Show
Accidental Family

Pistols 'n' Petticoats - Unaired Pilot "Pistols 'n' Petticoats followed Grandpa, Grandma, granddaughter Henrietta, and their pet wolf Bowser as they protected their land from outlaws. In today's episode, the unaired pilot, the Hanks attempt to stop an Indian uprising."

All this month enjoy back-to-back episodes of lost television gems starting at 3PM and 2AM EST.
(Adjust for your own time zone accordingly.)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
The prints for Accidental Family seen on DECADES were terrible. Color, yes, but more like two-strip Technicolor from the early 30s: heavy on reds and greens! If CBS/Paramount releases that show it will need serious remastering!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The prints for Accidental Family seen on DECADES were terrible. Color, yes, but more like two-strip Technicolor from the early 30s: heavy on reds and greens! If CBS/Paramount releases that show it will need serious remastering!

I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a release on that one! It's a good show, which I think holds up pretty well. I have a good portion of them I've picked up on film over the years.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I haven't seen a Critics' Choice Video catalog in years, but I got one in the mail this week for some reason. There's a listing for three DVD's (two-episodes on each) of Pistols 'n' Petticoats. [Not Available in Stores] It says:
Vol. 1: "Harold's Double" and "The Golden Fleece."
Vol. 2: "The Triangle" and "A Wagon Load of Wives."
Vol. 3: "Shoot-Out at O'Day Corral" and "Sir Richard of Wretched."
$8.46 each (instead of $9.95). It's in the "Westerns" section.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Poster art.

1699513557335.png

Todd_Z

Agent
Real Name
Todd Zaganiacz
would be nice to see this get a release, but i'm sure needs full restoration. The few prints I've seen in existence were very washed out and as was stated prior in black & White

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The DVD release in Germany of 17 episodes look great and in color. Unfortunately they're in German and no English soundtrack.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I haven't seen a Critics' Choice Video catalog in years, but I got one in the mail this week for some reason. There's a listing for three DVD's (two-episodes on each) of Pistols 'n' Petticoats. [Not Available in Stores] It says:
Vol. 1: "Harold's Double" and "The Golden Fleece."
Vol. 2: "The Triangle" and "A Wagon Load of Wives."
Vol. 3: "Shoot-Out at O'Day Corral" and "Sir Richard of Wretched."
$8.46 each (instead of $9.95). It's in the "Westerns" section.

I bought those three DVDs off Amazon a few years ago. They are bare-bones (no menus) and the video is a bit washed out. But if you have an interest in the series I recommend them. It's a cute show.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

Are they in color? Some posters above note b&w's are often what they see.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
All episodes were filmed in Color. There are even a couple episodes and the opening titles that are in Color.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks