Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SarahG, Jun 23, 2003.

1. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

I am totally looking forward to this movie...so in looking around the net for stuff on it I came across the fact that an RPG called Pirates of the Caribbean is coming out soon. umm...yeah...basically wished that I had known about this earlier...got to save up quick now. Anyone familar with this title?

2. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Yes this game is actually Sea Dogs 2. It has nothing at all to do with the movie. The only reason it had a title change was a marketing ploy to sell more copies.

3. Scott_W

Scott_W Stunt Coordinator

The game has been modified a bit since it was Sea Dogs 2. It does involve some of the content from the movie, at least in a few of the quests. They've also changed some of the names and removed the option to play as a female (which looked at lot better then the current protaganist).

Pirates should shape up to be better then the average movie game, but hopefully they haven't changed a lot of the Sea Dogs 2 game around. The publisher is very sketchy on this.

4. Joshua Moran

First I have heard about any changes to the actual game. It makes sense and all. But like Scott said the publisher has been pretty hush hush on the whole issue.

5. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

"Yes this game is actually Sea Dogs 2. It has nothing at all to do with the movie. The only reason it had a title change was a marketing ploy to sell more copies."

And that can only be for the best, considering how terrible most games are that are designed from the ground up to tie into a movie license...

6. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

what do you mean the publisher has been iffy on this...

just curious

from everything i have read what has been said is whats out there- that it was Sea Dogs 2 and then at the very end of production Disney came in and bought the rights- giving it a new name and a bit of a make-over. Regardless...I think it will be a great game and definately do well.

I like that fact of the female character too!!

7. Joshua Moran

they have been iffy on what has changed.

8. Scott_W

Scott_W Stunt Coordinator

Here's a pretty good preview:
    http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=11179

The campaign was modified a bit, and undead enemies were added in some spots to better fit the movie. Otherwise, its Sea Dogs II.

I'm looking forward to this, probably pick it up next week. Sea Dogs was fun, and this looks to be a better version, even with undead Pirates ;-). Bummer the red head captain didn't make it though.

9. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

Thanks for that preview...I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of what was changed...and it wasn't really even that much..adding those few undead pirates...have Kiera Knightly do the narration, changing some of the graphics to match the movie...but to me thats pretty clear.

I too am going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Pretty Picture...[​IMG]