What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean sails on Dec. 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl on December 2nd.

The film will arrive as a fully loaded two-disc set featuring 2.35:1 anamorphic video, DD 5.1 audio, three audio commentaries (Director Gore Verbinski and star Johnny Depp; Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and stars Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport; Writers Stuart Beattie, Ted Elliot & Terry Rossio and Jay Wolpert) and "An Epic At Sea: The Making of Pirates of the Caribbean" documentary. Other extras include deleted scenes, "Moonlight" Scene Progression, blooper reel, "Below Deck: An Interactive History Of Pirates," and still gallery.

Retail will be a bootylicious $29.99.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
FYI:

You Best Start Believing in the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD! Source: Buena Vista Home Entertainment Thursday, September 4, 2003

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has announced that summer blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl will be available in a 2-disc DVD set ($29.99 SRP) and on VHS ($24.99 SRP) on December 2, just in time for Christmas.

The 2-Disc Disney DVD will include:

3 Audio Commentaries:
-Director Gore Verbinski and Star Johnny Depp
-Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Stars Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport
-Writers Stuart Beattie, Ted Elliot & Terry Rossio and Jay Wolpert

An Epic At Sea: The Making of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Deleted Scenes

"Moonlight" Scene Progression

Image Gallery

Blooper Reel

Below Deck: An Interactive History Of Pirates

The DVD is in 2.35:1 aspect ratio, enhanced for 16x9 screens, and includes Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. Also available are a French language soundtrack and subtitles.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Definitely can't wait to check out the commentaries. Although it would be nice to see Orlando Bloom on one.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Price tag's a little steep, but I'm sure we'll be able to find it at some outlets for much lower, around $20.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Wow! Nice! This is a must-buy for me. I believe this is the first Disney disc with more than 2 commentaries.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Good to hear there's not going to be a waste of time fullscreen version floating around taking up widescreen space.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Sounds great. I somehow doubt that this is the full specs, sound a little vague for a 2-disc set... Notice "will include", for instance where are the trailers???

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Aye, doesn't seem a hugely impressive spec list but that's all the official press release mentions. The commentaries should be good fun anyway.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news! Both the girlfriend and I loved this super-fun summer movie. As soon as it ended she looked at me and said "we have to get this on DVD!" :D

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I somehow doubt that this is the full specs, sound a little vague for a 2-disc set... Notice "will include", for instance where are the trailers???
There's a good chance there won't be any. Honestly with Buena Vista lately, it's become the norm for their DVDs to NOT include trailers, at least not for the actual film on the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks