What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 12-5, 2 versions (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
on the other side i want to point out the 2 disc ed of da vinci code is very well priced at under $14 this week

Jason Smalley

Stunt Coordinator
Which I will purchase come Tuesday...although ironically, I'm not at all interested in the extras for the Da Vinci Code whereas I am keenly interested in Pirates. Go figure.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I want to point out that Disney was one of the first to do this model anyway, particularly with newer animated releases (Tarzan, A Bug's Life, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis:TLE, Dinosaur.... need I continue); it's merely a case of backpedaling.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather this than a single disc released early and then the two-disc version coming out a few months/years later.

This method helps prevent double-dipping. Why get upset over $4-5 more? I'd much rather pay $25 for a two-disc set from the get-go instead of paying $15 for a single disc and $20 a few months later when the SE comes out.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'm wanting to spring for the Region 2 Japanese 2-Disc which has DTS like the first films' DVD. Or just go for the 2-Discer here which only has Dolby Digital when it should also have DTS like the first film. Decisions, decisions...:crazy:

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I'll get one version or the other for the rental store I own. Likely the double to give more to my customers.
I'll hold out on one for me until the HD thing settles or one camp releases it. I'm slowing WAY down on optical disc purchasing until I feel good about HD. I mean, they're only movies and will be re released infinitum, right? Why worry. So a few go out of print. Often they are smaller releases and we really SHOULD pick them up along the way, like some of the less than stellar selling DVD/TV boxed sets. You gotta know which to buy and which to wait on.
Most big budget movies will be recyled more than a used CD of Bob Segar's greatest Hits!:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks