What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) (1 Viewer)

Al_S

Second Unit
I thought this film was just ok but nothing near great. I thought it was the worst of the 3. Wait for the rental on this one if you haven't seen it yet.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Interestingly enough, all this talk of ILM (rightly so), and Digital Domain delivered one of the best shots of the film...Beckett walking down the steps of the Endeavor as it is demolished around him.

Just wanted to give props to Digital Domain for a flawless, gorgeous shot.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yes. That sequence was impressive. Over the top, like a lot of the film, but damned impressive to watch. Kudos to Digital Domain for that piece of work.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
A terrible, terrible movie! Disappointing on so many levels. The story (ha ha!), script (what script; were we supposed to write one?), acting (everyone in "phone it in" mode), and even some of the SFX were sloppy.

It was an incoherent mess. Like the filmmakers just didn't give a rat's ass and knew they'd make instant money no matter what they put on the screen.

Even the dismal Spidey 3 went up a notch after seeing this waste of $8.00.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Has Dan ever had a positive post?
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I call 'em like I see 'em! ;) I think I'm looking for some... hell, any semblance of quality with summer movies. It can be done... it has been done.

Now it's noise, special effects, and action basically for action's sake. If they tried there could be real character development, or at least good editing, cinematography, and a little bit of an interesting story.

I've been rewatching more classics lately. Even The Goonies (another pirate themed film) grabs you after all these years and stirs a little imagination.

Yes, I actually found the first POTC to be an amusing romp. If there actually had been plans for sequels with a story arch that spanned a few films and kept consistant (like LOTR's) then that would be one thing. Dead Man's Chest and At World's End felt more like committee-made scripts to cash in.

Dan

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It does? I always thought The Goonies was completely stupid, but then I'm probably one of the few who took one look at the trailer for E.T and vowed never to watch it........and still haven't.

Maybe I just like bad movies because I rather liked POTC3. I thought it had a different feel than the first two which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The ridiculous wedding sequence was one of the few things that marred it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks