What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Definitely on the way (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The only booty I want on that set is Kiera Knightly...
Is this another screen name for Natalie Portman, or is this really a different person? Kiera was excellent! Not knowing who she was when I went to see the film, through the whole film I was amazed that Portman turned in such a better performance here than in the Star Wars films...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think this was a no brainer considering the success of the original.

Get Johnny Depp back and keep the same nucleus of writers and director and it could very well be another entertaining hit.

I think the first one could have been a little shorter though (too many "false" endings).

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I have no problem with Geoffrey Rush returning. You need someone who can share a screen with Depp as Sparrow.

My great idea would be Tim Roth, who could easily be a Yin to Sparrow's Yang.

I look forward to the film, guardedly of course. But PotC generated plenty of goodwill.

Take care,
Chuck

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
I have no problem with Geoffrey Rush returning. You need someone who can share a screen with Depp as Sparrow.
Rush was o.k. but he lost - time to move on - new villain = new intrigue.

I most admit I left the theatre thinking ... so what happens if someone takes the gold out of the chest again ...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this was confirmed last night. Two sequels shot continuously, and Johnny Depp will be in both! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Waited till a few weeks ago to see this because it just didnt sound good. Not a bad movie but I wouldnt see it again and I dont want to see any sequels.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
This is one of those movies where a sequel isn't need nor required. It is complete. They did a fantastic job of mixing the movie and the ride. Will it be another MIBII or TS2? Knowing Disney's history, my money has to be on the former.

JeffPh

Agent
I guess the biggest reason I would look forward to a sequal is because of the "PG" nature of the movie. It seems like the 90s didn't really have a Star Wars or Indiana Jones type of series that could really leave an impression on young minds, and do it cleanly. I loved that this movie was so entertaining to me as an adult, but was still something that I could take a child to (no swearing, graphic violence, etc.) PoTC is certainly not in the same category as Star Wars, but it was enjoyable "family fun".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks