What's new

Pirates, Clowns, or Robots? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Which do [rant]you[/rant] prefer??

Please only answer one of the three choices and list reasons for why that particular group has the advantage over the others:

Pirates

Clowns

Robots

Have fun!

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Okay, I'll get this started:

I think that Pirates have the distinct advantage, for several reasons:

1. Water will not fry their circuits, because they do not have circuits.

2. Parrots do not ordinarily flock to clowns' shoulders, and yet pirates seem to possess this allure.

3. Neither robots nor clowns can say 'arrrrghh' and mean it.

4. You cannot find spiced rum named after a clown or robot.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Clowns.

1. They are funny. Pirates are not. Some robots are, I suppose.

2. There are more "great" films depicting clowns than there are depicting pirates or robots. That's assuming you count mimes as clowns and don't count computers as robots and that not all guys with boats and bad attitudes are considered pirates.

3. I love the shoes.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Well, robots will always turn on you, clowns obviously have something to hide behind all that make-up and creepy clothes, so that leaves pirates who are typically take-me-as-I-am types of guys and gals. Pirates are quite clearly the superior species.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If you were to invite me to a sci-fi flick (robots), a pirate movie, or something having to do with clowns...I'd probably go with the pirates. Because there hasn't been a good pirate flick in years, and I'm always hopeful. :D Clowns (particularly the one from Poltergeist kinda freak me out, and robots can be pretty overdone. (Although Bishop rules!)
Weird question. I liked it.
Here's another three to choose from:
Cowboys, Cavemen, or Knights? :laugh:

Ash Williams

Second Unit
Robots
1. Pirates are smelly and dirty and they swear like sailors. Pirates will also pileage and steal your goodies. Where as a Robot has a nice electronic smell and will only swear and steal if you program them to.
2. Clowns, well, anyone who makes thier living by dressing up in ruffles and wearing a big red nose needs thier wig examined. (No offence intended to HTFers who are Clowns :))
3. I don't know if those are exactly reasons to prefer one over the other, but thier good enough for me.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I like...Pirates kicking the shit out of clowns with robots.
:D
Sounds like a good one for an anime. :)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Pirates are cool. Clowns are uncool. Robots are for nerds. (No offense to all the nerds.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks