What's new

Pippi Longstocking -- the Swedish TV series (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
So do the German discs have subtitles?
Definitely not English ones if that's what you're after. Also, they only have the German dub on them, and in some cases apparently the Dutch dub. But no original language track. That's why I never bought any of them.

Chris

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Hmm. So is there any word on getting the complete TV series, in Swedish, with English subtitles? I remember the movies (I'm guessing) from TV as a kid, and the original dub, if I had to deal with it, is what I would want, but I would prefer the original audio.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I've looked online to try to find an email address or any contact info for Hen's Tooth Video, and I haven't found anything. I'd like to encourage them to include the original Swedish with subtitles on any future discs they might issue.

But the original dubs would probably not be an option, since not every scene from the series was included in the movies, so no original dubs exist for them.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Didn't see this mentioned here anywhere else, but Hen's Tooth Video, who had released Season One of the Swedish Pippi series on DVD, has now released all four theatrical Pippi movies as well. They're available both separately and in a boxed set.

Sadly, there's no original Swedish on these, but according to the Amazon customer reviews, they do have the original American dubs and, strangely, Spanish dubs as well. User reviews say they look beautiful.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
FYI

Spotted several Boxsets at Best Buy priced at $60.99 on the price sticker. Not sure if the price is lower anywhere else? Oh also there's a sticker on the front of the box stating that all 4 remastered movies are taken from the original negatives!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I reviewed the movie collection set, and overall, this is a great set. Due to rights issues, it is highly doubtful the original soundtracks will ever be released outside of Sweden.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Part of the TV series was dubbed for British TV, and that dub is on Hen Tooth's TV release. The movies collection uses the original dubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks