What's new

Pipe Organ Music Recomendations (1 Viewer)

My SVS PCi 20-39 subwoofer is on its way. I have a fair amount of DVD's to test with, but keep hearing about Pipe Organ music as good test/demo music.

I'm into classical music (my tastes have always run towards violin and piano) but am looking for some good pipe organ music recomendations - especially towards the sonics department (there are literally tons of bad classical music out there). I've searched here but can't seem to find any recomendations so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance everyone...

-Troy McHenry

Stefan A

Second Unit
There are some great pipe organ pieces out their. I am certainly no authority on it, but their are a few that I like.

One of the most popular pieces is Saint-Saens 3rd symphony aka Organ Symphony.

One of my favorite disks is "Pomp and Pipes" with the Dallas Wind Symphony. It has some EXTREMELY powerful band and pipe organ playing. I have shaken my house with it.

Many of Elgar's pieces end with organ. Enigma Variations, 1st symphony, P&C marches (1st and maybe some others).

The ending of Mahler's 2nd Symphony.

If anything, get Pomp and Pipes. It has been recorded very well and it has some excellent music. Real loud too.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever you do, find a copy of Bach: Toccato and Fugue in D Minor. Great stuff for organ music. In fact J.S. Bach wrote a whole bunch of organ music that's simply wonderful.
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks