pip question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul e., Jul 11, 2002.

1. paul e.

paul e. Agent

i have a sony kp57hw40 and i'm wondering what i need to do to make my pip work. i have digital cable and here's how it's currently set up: co-ax in to cable box from outside and s-video out of box in to t.v. input 1. anyone know how i need to hook everything up?

2. TommyB

TommyB Stunt Coordinator

I'm pretty sure that this model has a dual tuner (two coaxial inputs). This is how I have my Tosh 50H81 with digital cable set up:

1) First, You'll need to get a 2-way coaxial splitter.

2) Split the cable from the wall. One line goes directly to the TV, the other goes to the cable box (like you have it now-with the S-video to the TV).

This will allow you to utilize the PIP, however, you will only be able to watch the digital cable channels on one side. The other will be channels that you would normally get without the converter box.

Hope this helps.

3. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Stunt Coordinator

My setup is just like Tommy's is. If you really want to be able to see the digital stations on the PIP, you'll need a second digital cable box. Basically, the digital cable box is the only available tuner for digital stations. Your TV's built-in tuner (or VCR if you're using that) can't tune a digital station, which is why you can only see one at a time.