PIP help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Cole, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Paul Cole

Paul Cole Agent

I give up! How do I get my pip to work? I have my cable going into the cable box and out to my Sony hs10...no vcr. I'm also using the channel fix on 3 which I think has something to do with it but I can't figure it out.

2. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Paul, you won't be able to get two different channels because you're cable box has only one tuner. Another video source needs to be fed to your TV in order to display two different pictures at once.
    If your cable box is used to descramble premium channels, one option would be to split the cable signal before it enters the box. Then feed one line from the splitter to the cable box, then feed the output from the cable box to your TV (this line will carry all of your channels). Also, feed the second line from the splitter directly to your TV...this line will carry only unscrambled channels (non-premium channels) and will be your second video source.
    Hope this helps.

3. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I had to do what Vin suggests--split the cable before it goes to the box. You will lose any channels that require the box, but all of your networks and basic cable should be there. I have my cable box going to a video jack on the back of my TV via a composite cable, and the split analog cable going into the standard cable spot. Make sure you do NOT have the channel fixed on 3, and you may have to specify "cable mode."