What's new

Pioneer with DVD-2200 (1 Viewer)

Chuck_W

Second Unit
I am satisfied with the HT abilities of my receiver (a Pioneer VSX-D912), but unhappy with it's quality for CD playback (using the receivers DAC). I love the musical abilities of the Denon AVR-3805, and it looks like the Denon DVD-2200 has the same or similar Burr-Brown DACs. Would I get comparable (though not identical) musical quality if I hooked a 2200 to my Pioneer with analog cables?

In using such a set-up for redbook cd's, would bass management be handled by the Denon 2200 or the receiver?

Thanks.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
I am satisfied with the HT abilities of my receiver (a Pioneer VSX-D912), but unhappy with it's quality for CD playback (using the receivers DAC). I love the musical abilities of the Denon AVR-3805, and it looks like the Denon DVD-2200 has the same or similar Burr-Brown DACs. Would I get comparable (though not identical) musical quality if I hooked a 2200 to my Pioneer with analog cables?

In using such a set-up for redbook cd's, would bass management be handled by the Denon 2200 or the receiver?

Thanks.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
you can do either way in that instance, but the desired way would be to let the player do it, and to run your receiver in some sort of direct or pure mode.

to address your question, you generally want to decode/convert with the unit that is considered to have the higher quality dacs. but figuring this out is not entirely trivial.

in the end, the bottom line would be to listen to music the way that sounds best to you.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
you can do either way in that instance, but the desired way would be to let the player do it, and to run your receiver in some sort of direct or pure mode.

to address your question, you generally want to decode/convert with the unit that is considered to have the higher quality dacs. but figuring this out is not entirely trivial.

in the end, the bottom line would be to listen to music the way that sounds best to you.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
"Denon DVD-2200 has the same or similar Burr-Brown DACs. Would I get comparable (though not identical) musical quality"

Close. But the 3805 uses 4 DACS per channel in Direct stereo modes. The 2200 only has 1 DAC per channel.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
"Denon DVD-2200 has the same or similar Burr-Brown DACs. Would I get comparable (though not identical) musical quality"

Close. But the 3805 uses 4 DACS per channel in Direct stereo modes. The 2200 only has 1 DAC per channel.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Thanks for all the great info...I'm glad to hear the 2200 could handle the bass management for redbook listening...the Pioneer 912 is not exactly a superstar in that area.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Thanks for all the great info...I'm glad to hear the 2200 could handle the bass management for redbook listening...the Pioneer 912 is not exactly a superstar in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks