What's new

Pioneer VSX-LX303 center channel levels (1 Viewer)

Clint E Christensen

Auditioning
Real Name
Clint
I've had this new pioneer for a couple of months now, for whatever reason, my center channel needs to be bumped up. The problem I'm running into is that it doesn't appear to hold the db setting that I chose. Every time I restart the receiver, the db center level resets, which forces me to adjust the center channel db level every time the receiver is powered down and powered back up. I assumed that the db power levels would retain the most recent settings. My question is, does anyone know if this behavior is typical for pioneer receivers? If so, is it possible to update those individual channel db levels so that they don't reset during power cycling?

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Where are you adjusting the center channel? What I mean is, how do you get to the setting you're adjusting? I suspect it's the wrong place, since every channel in the system has to have the level calibrated and it needs to stay there.

And what exactly do you mean by "Restart" the receiver?

Clint E Christensen

Auditioning
Real Name
Clint
Where are you adjusting the center channel? What I mean is, how do you get to the setting you're adjusting? I suspect it's the wrong place, since every channel in the system has to have the level calibrated and it needs to stay there.

And what exactly do you mean by "Restart" the receiver?

I'm getting to the setting by using the remote, with the AV Adjust button. That puts me into an AV Adjust onscreen menu, where I then select the second option from the menu "Level", and then select "Center" from the "Level" submenu. I'm then able to increase our decrease the center channel db level.

By "Restart", I simply mean power off, then power back on the receiver. If I don't power the receiver off, the db level that I've adjusted the center channel to stays at the level that I want. It appears that it only resets back to the lower level after I've turned the receiver off and back on again.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That must be a temporary setting. You need to go into the main setup menu, then it’s usually the “Speakers” menu.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I looked at the manual. It’s the setup menu, then Speaker, then Channel Level.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks