Pioneer VSX-D850S "POWEROFF" Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by James Grasso, Jul 25, 2004.

1. James Grasso

James Grasso Agent

A couple days ago, my receiver started just shutting itself down about 3 seconds after it's turned on. When is does this, it shows the message "POWEROFF" on the display. It just did this right in the middle of a movie, with low-moderate volume. If anyone can help me out or direct me to someone who may be able to help me pinpoint the problem and possible solutions (other than simply replacing the receiver), I would greatly appreciate it. There is nothing about this problem in the manual's troubleshooting section.

Thanks

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

make sure there are no shorts in the speaker connections either on the receiver or on the speaker end. If not there may be an internal fuse that's blown. Other than that it's probably a problem that's going to require professional repair.

3. Juin J

Juin J Auditioning

This is the exact recurring problem that I had with my receiver. (I have the exact receiver as you!!!) This receiver ive found out is very very very picky about how you hook up the speakers. If any of your speaker wires are touching it will cause the receiver to shut down due to a built in safety mechanism. Make sure none of your speaker wires are touching and on the receiver side if your not using bannana clips make sure no stray wires are touching the case. Basically just be very anal about hooking up your speakers. Hope this helps =)