What's new

Pioneer VSX-D811S Question (1 Viewer)

Stan_S

Auditioning
Hi,

I have a Pioneer VSX-D811S and have some questions.

1. I plugged my VCR into the composite IN connectors. When I use the input select to switch to VCR I get audio but no video. I had the VCR hooked up directly to the TV through it's composite connectors before I got the Pioneer and it worked fine. Is there a setting that's not right in the receiver? Or is the VCR Video IN connector on the receiver bad? Or, quite possibly, am I doing something wrong?

2. I have an Xbox with the high definition adapter. I would like to connect the video to the second set of component inputs on the receiver. However, the only options it allows for sources for the component inputs are DVD, TV, VCR or OFF. I have a DVD player going into the first set of component inputs, I have a VCR and the TV so I can't use the other settings for the Xbox. Any ideas or suggestions to run the Xbox through the component connectors?

Thank you!
Stan

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Stan, what video cable do you have going from the receiver to the TV? You'll need to run a composite cable out from the receiver to the tv as well as a set of component cables out from the receiver to the tv for your setup to work.

cheers,

--tom

Stan_S

Auditioning
Really? Huh, I wouldn't have thought of that, I just have the component cable running from the receiver to the TV. I thought that whatever video source you selected it would output the video signal out through the component cables.

I will try that.

Any opinion on the Xbox question? :)

Thanks, Stan

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Stan, most receivers in the ~$500 price range don't upconvert Svideo and composite video signals to component. I am not sure if it upconverts composite to Svideo and vice versa but I think it may. I don't use the video features of my 811S at all as you can tell :)
As for your Xbox question, are you saying that you have video-in already plugged in for dvd/ld, tv/sat and vcr? What about hooking it up to the component inputs and then attaching tv/sat to it? When you select tv/sat and put the tv onto its component video input, you should see your Xbox display. I would assume if you then switch to the tv's composite input, you'll see whatever you have plugged into the composite tv/sat inputs on the receiver - cable box, satellite box? just guessing but since component inputs/outputs are separate you may be able to have one input "attached" to two different input sources.
good luck,
--tom

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
For the xbox, I have my 811s set to vcr (you can really set it to video or whatever input label you are not using). You then have to select it in the setting where you set it up (using the right or left arrow buttons on the remote) where it scrolls thru all the settings), then when time for xbox, make sure you select vcr or whatever you are using and have your tv set to that inpu and you are all set.
You will need to set up the video setting and the optical audio setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks