Pioneer vsx-d811s-planning ahead for my connections

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by MarcWi, May 19, 2003.

1. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

I have a question-i will be hooking up two dvd players and a vcr to this receiver. In addition-I will be getting a set of these 3d iglasses . My dvds are going to be connected s video. One of them will need to also be connected composite for the 3d glasses. Can I hook up a single dvd player through both connections? Also, will there be a way to switch betwwen the vcr lets say, and the composite dvd signal--

2. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

anyone? I guess I cant plan ahead--ill have to wait till me birthday when I have the thing open in front of me...

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You cannot switch composite and SVideo on a reciever, it's either/or. Most DVD players have all their video outputs active(at least my pioneer does) so you should jack your glasses into the composite out on the back of your player and still use SVideo.

4. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

thanks for the heads up! so does that mean that you cannot use a VHS and a dvd through the receiver?

5. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

I don't see why you can't, I know I sure do have VCR and DVD hooked up to my reciever. You can have your DVD hooked up with S-video & composite, and your VCR hooked up through composite on a different input. Then have both s-video & composite hooked from receiver to TV.

6. MarcWi

MarcWi Agent

that's what I though too. I see my receiver will also have an extra video input jack in the front panel so Im thinking I can just use that when I want to connect the 3d glasses....