What's new

Pioneer VSX-D811S Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Paul_III

Agent
I'm thinking of picking up a Pioneer VSX-D811S to start off my HT, I've already got a monitor, so now I need to worry about the receiver (and speakers). After doing some research, I've read good reviews of this model receiver, and it sells for a very good price. I was wondering if anyone in this forum that has this receiver would mind sharing their opinion on it?

Thanks.

MattMB

Agent
There are quite a few post in the archives of this forum about the 811s. A search would turn up quite a few.

That said, I have a VSX-D811s driving JBL speakers in a 5.1 sound stage and I'm very happy with the performance. I have a 90" projection system, and the 811s fills out the sound very nicely. I've not had any troubles with the receiver in the 4 months I have had the 811s and it integrated very easily into my remote control setup.

The amount of digital inputs works just fine for me, but I'm running out of AV inputs with the DVD, VCR, LD, GameCube, and NES all going to it. I would much rather have one more input on the back of the unit then have the AV input on the front of it. Not really a problem with the unit, however, just how it's working in my setup.

Ryan N

Grip
I also have the 811S with JBL speakers in a 6.1 setup and I am very happy with the results!

Paul_III

Agent
I appreciate the responses. I'll research those new Pioneers coming out next month, and then make my decision.

Jacqueline C

Agent
Never having had a HT (I'm on this forum to learn before I buy) I'd like to know if when the new Pioneer receivers come in, will it mean they stop selling the vsx-d811s or does it mean you can get it for less, or what?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There will be some overlap in the current models and the new models... it'll probably be a few months after the new models come out before ou begin to see SERIOUS discounts on the current models. Large chain stores will start to discount the current models possibly even a little before the new models come out, but chances are you could still find them cheaper online.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks