Pioneer VSX-D811S Dead!??!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike_HT, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Mike_HT

Mike_HT Agent

Turned it on 10 minutes ago....was listening to music off my xbox just like I do everyday. CLICK. Music stops. I turn around from my computer and the reciever is off. XBOX is still playing, speakers still powered on. Push the power button...nothing. Wait another 30 seconds and push it again. The LCD blinks "AMP ERR" and turns off.

Never had a problem before this. Didnt have it turned up loud. No power surge....what happened?

I purchased this from OneCall through this forum earlier this year. Who do I contact about this. Pioneer or them? I'm really bummed cause I am moving in 3 weeks to San Diego and dont have a mailing address until the day I get there...buying a car next week...so much on my mind Ahhhhhh!! Now no more music to relax to [​IMG]

Has anyone had this problem????? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Call Pioneer's service-department number. It should be listed in your owner's manual. Describe the problem to the person exactly as you have here.

3. Mike_HT

Mike_HT Agent

Have to take it in [​IMG] Either take it now to Yucca Valley (25mi) or wait a month till I move to Oceanside and drive a few miles to San Marcos.

Going over to Palm Springs this afternoon...guess I'll be making a side trip.

4. Rajeev_s

Rajeev_s Stunt Coordinator

Your Pioneer could have been allergic to stuffed toys/animals. J/K
    Call Pioneer, I think Onecall is authorized, they should honor your warranty.

5. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Is there a way to "Reset" you machine to factory defaults which resets the computer chip?

6. Kevin McCurdy

Kevin McCurdy Stunt Coordinator

The 912 has a process for resetting it to factory defaults, so I'd guess the 811 does as well? It's in the manual. It might be worth a shot?

7. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Yes there is a way to do that, I do remember reading that in the 811's manual...

Let us know what happens...!
    =====>
    What ohm load are your speakers and how many are you running???
    =====>
    Just curious and hope the reset dose the trick...

Regards
    Geoff

8. Mike_HT

Mike_HT Agent

Well I took off and went to Yucca Valley before getting to read all the replies so I didnt get to try the reset trick. Told me he would take a look at it and get it all working by next Thursday. Pretty nice guy...even know about the HomeTheater Forum [​IMG]. Said the amp chip probably blew and would just need to wait for the part from Pioneer.

I'm using a sub from a computer speaker set and think that caused the problem. Sucking in more power than it needed. Never had a problem in 5 months so I thought it was going to get by...Guess I was wrong. Time to buy a new sub and stop being so cheap. [​IMG]