What's new

Pioneer VSX-D811s component switching woes... (1 Viewer)

Stephen Jenkins

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer VSX-D811s and some JBL NSP-1's, cheap setup but i am happy without. Anyway in anticipation of the new Zelda game for GameCube, I rewired all my home theater components so that they are routed through the receiver instead of the TV. This is good for the GameCube because the new Zelda is ProLogic encoded...

Anyway, onto my question for you...

I cannot for the life of me get component video switching to work...

My goal is to have all my stuff, VCR, DVD, GameCube, going into my reciever by way of composite, component, and s-video (in that order). And then have component out go from my reciever to my TV, clean and simple. This is possible right???

At this very moment, I have my GameCube plugged into the front of the receiver using S-Video and a DVD player coming into the s-video on the back... If I run an S-Video or composite cable to the TV it works fine and I can switch sources through the receiver just fine.

So, when I try to switch using component, I get nothing on the TV. In fact as stated above i want to use component from the DVD to the reciever, but that isn't even working, even when i go from the receiver to the TV with composite or s-video. blah.

The only part of the manual that seemed to say anything about component switching is about making sure you have the "ins" properly assigned, which I do.

Any hints?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The receiver will not convert the signals, just pass them through.

So if it's composite in, you need to use composite out. S-video in, s-video out. Component in, component out.

Stephen Jenkins

Auditioning
Ok, that is a bummer, for some reason I thought it converted it. But, anyway, I HAVE component coming into the reciever from the DVD and then out of the reciever into the TV, and still no luck.

It sucks that I can't just go component out of the reciever...

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Have you ever used component from the DVD player directly to the TV?

You didn't specify your DVD player, but I know that some DVD players have a physical switch on the back to switch from S-video to component.

Stephen Jenkins

Auditioning
Yes, I have used component cables from the DVD player to the TV with no problems... I know there is a setting in the DVD player to use component instead of S-video, but that is set properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks