Pioneer VSX-D810S vs. VSX-D811S

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gerald Lauze, May 25, 2002.

1. Gerald Lauze

Gerald Lauze Auditioning

I have found a seemingly good deal on brand new 810S, but I see the 811S has similar and different features.

Any opinions? I have been to Pioneer, crutchfield etc.
    I can't find a comparo.

Thanks

Gerald

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

From what I've read, it basically comes down to the following:

- 810S: Was last year's model. Featured Dolby Pro Logic plus an assortment of DSPs.

- 811S: Is this year's model. Features Dolby Pro Logic II, but apparently the DSPs are not present with this receiver.

Personally, I could do without the DSP modes as I've never found one that I liked well enough to use. Dolby PLII on the other hand, is a feature that I can't live without. Since there is still a lot of stereo (2-channel) material out there, I find myself using this feature quite a bit.

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

The 811S does DPL II, DTS NEO6 and DTS-ES/DD-EX Matrix as well as DTS-ES Discrete. The 810S simply did a 6.1 matrix which is/was a generic form of the DD-EX/DTS-ES matrix algorithms. The 811S also has pre-outs (does the 810S?) for future amplification needs. I am not sure what else it may have over the 810S but those are some main points.

cheers,

--tom