What's new

Pioneer VSX-D810S vs. VSX-D811S (1 Viewer)

Gerald Lauze

Auditioning
I have found a seemingly good deal on brand new 810S, but I see the 811S has similar and different features.

Any opinions? I have been to Pioneer, crutchfield etc.
I can't find a comparo.

Thanks

Gerald

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
From what I've read, it basically comes down to the following:

- 810S: Was last year's model. Featured Dolby Pro Logic plus an assortment of DSPs.

- 811S: Is this year's model. Features Dolby Pro Logic II, but apparently the DSPs are not present with this receiver.

Personally, I could do without the DSP modes as I've never found one that I liked well enough to use. Dolby PLII on the other hand, is a feature that I can't live without. Since there is still a lot of stereo (2-channel) material out there, I find myself using this feature quite a bit.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
The 811S does DPL II, DTS NEO6 and DTS-ES/DD-EX Matrix as well as DTS-ES Discrete. The 810S simply did a 6.1 matrix which is/was a generic form of the DD-EX/DTS-ES matrix algorithms. The 811S also has pre-outs (does the 810S?) for future amplification needs. I am not sure what else it may have over the 810S but those are some main points.

cheers,

--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks