What's new

Pioneer VSX-D810 or -710 Receiver vs. Sony STR-DE875 (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
...that essentially is the question. I've seen some pretty lukewarm thoughts on the Sony,(still not enough to convince me NOT to buy
wink.gif
), but I was up visiting my brother-in-law this weekend and he was trying to get me to buy the Pioneer. Having not even considered that brand and model(s), what's the overwhelming opinion of either the -810 or the -710?
Thanks!

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Well guys if it helps any I had the 810.mainly because i was
looking for a 6.1 fix.features were good,had component video
inputs 6 ch stereo,crossovers didnt go below 80,just wasnt
thrilled with the overall sound.Returned it a week later and
got the wife to buy me a Denon 3802
biggrin.gif
If you got any specific questions Ill try my best to answer them.
Luis S

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I had just bought the 709 at Costco for a whopping $269.. I have not set it up to run true tests yet as my theater is not done. But for the money and all the features it fit the bill to make a cheap EX system. And I have compared it to the 710 and found the 709 to be better, but I cant recall the exact reasons!!
Wes

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Luis,
Thanks for the reply! I guess I mainly wanted to hear opinions of the ones that I've listed 'cause the price is the same on both the 810 and the Sony 875 - $399.00.
I'm trying to find someone who will say " ... for the money, I'd buy ___________", and tell me why.
biggrin.gif

Luis S

Supporting Actor
No problem William,but if you want definate answer I would
say if you like a warm neutral sound go with the Sony,if you
want the most features for a reciever in that price range then pioneer would do. I just wasnt happy with the sound.
Better yet you can probably find the Denon 2802 or Sony DB-1075 pretty close to that price.Hope this helps.
Luis S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks