What's new

Pioneer VSX-D711 (1 Viewer)

Mark__T

Agent
Is anyone familiar with the Pioneer VSX-D711? I can't seem to get the set up to work correctly. I have the optical digital out from my DVD to the optical digital in on my 711. Now the default setting for optical in is TV/SAT. But when I put on that setting (TV/SAT)it still shows analog. Shouldn't it pick up the digital signal automatically? I have tried many options but still no sound comes out of my A/V when I put in a DVD. The FM works fine. I have followed all the guides for the DVD player as well. The digital and DTS output are both set to Bitstream, not PCM.

I don't know what else to do at this point.
Please help me.
My wife is getting annoyed. $1000 and no sound. (You see why I need help so deperately)

Thanks in advance
Mark

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
You need to go into the setup menu of your receiver, under the Digital Input Settings, and assign the optical digital input that you are using to the DVD setting.

Mark__T

Agent
OK real newbie type question here:

How exactly do I "assign" the optical digital input that you are using to the DVD setting?

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
I'm sure you have the manual, but if you don't here is the online pdf: manual Go to page 38 to the "Setting up your receiver" section to learn how to access your receiver's menu. Once inside your recevier's menu, go to the "Digital Input Settings" menu. From here you can assign the digital input to your DVD player.
You need to spend some time learning your receiver's menu as there is MANY things in here you will want to adjust/mess with.

Mark__T

Agent
Jessie

Thank you thank you thank you (he says bowing).

As you can guess your advice worked. If I had read your suggestion closer the first time, you would not have had to post it a second time. Yes, set everything to the DVD setting. Well I probably will be back asking for tips on settings and fine tuning, but I am really happy for now.

Thanks again
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks