What's new

Pioneer VSX-D711 not ouputting to sub in stereo (1 Viewer)

Adam Y

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer VSX-D711 receiver being fed optical digital audio from an RCA sat receiver and coaxial digital audio from a JVC XV-S500BK. When I put the receiver in Stereo mode my Onkyo sub is not being used. It works fine when the receiver is in PLII or DTS or 5.1. What am I doing wrong?

Adam

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Do you have your main speakers set to large? If so, they are being fed a full range signal. You'll have to set them to small so everything below the crossover point is sent to the subwoofer. You could also leave them as large and set the subwoofer to "Plus". This sends a full range signal to the speakers AND sends everything below the crossover point to the subwoofer.

Hope this helps :)

Adam Y

Auditioning
Yes, I do have them set to SMALL but I will double check that. I thought maybe it is because I am sending a digital only signal from my sat and dvd components. Should I have analog audio cables connected to my receiver from the sat and dvd as well as the digital connections?

Adam

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Analog/Digital shouldn't make a difference. I had a digital feed to a 711 from my computer for a few months and always had sub output in stereo mode.

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
ok i have the same problem , seems the information that is sent to the lfe line ( sub out) only gets signal during a movie soundtrack. while usuing a cd gives you no signal at the lfe line. thats why you sub wont play with cd music. have you corrected this problem yet?
frank

Adam Y

Auditioning
Yeah, I had my surround speakers set to LARGE. I must have accidentally hit some wrong buttons because it just started doing this about a week ago. The sub is working with any source now. Thanks for the replies.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks