What's new

Pioneer VSX D710 Remote (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I recently bought a reciever out of box at great price for that model. Unfortunately the catch was the remote was missing. I can access most of the features from the front panel but some important setting can only be changed by remote. I have a low cost universal remote that should work with that reciever but it accesses even less features than the front panel. Can anyone recommend a cheap remote that will allow me to change settings on the reciever or a place where I can find an actual Pioneer remote? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Just a suggestion, Buy a learning remote and go into a store that sells Pioneer and ask if you can learn some codes from their display model.
Actually I think Radio Shack's RCA receivers are made by Pioneer and Radio Shack makes a great learning 6 in one remote!

Wes

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't think I can find a unit with remote at the store to use to train a remote. The reason they were selling the display unit was that unit was last years model and the display was the last one left. Thanks for the tip about the replacement remotes site. Unfortunately they do not seem to carry that particular model or any similar. Other people have told me about Radiashacks RCA recievers being Pioneers. I think I may go down to my local radioshack and ask if I can try a remote in the store to see if it can work with one of their display unit recievers. If anyone else has any suggestions please keep them coming. I really just need to access a couple features I can't find on the front panel. According to the manual to access the menu system of features I have to hit the button rcv and use the arrows to scroll through.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Anyone have any other ideas? I checked my local Radioshack. They did have the same reciever only with the RCA brand but unfortunately they did not have the remote for the display unit. I bought my reciever at best buy and that was the last one they had. I found one online retailer who quoted me a price of $50 plus shipping for a new remote. Is that the best I can do? It seems at little steep for a remote I would soon be looking to replace with a learning remote in that price range.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Benson, if your planning to buy a universal remote, I would not spend $50 on the Pioneer remote. I would buy the universal that you want & then find a Pioneer remote to "learn" the codes from. If the store where you bought it is out of the Pioneer remotes I would wait for them to get the "new" Pioneer receivers in & then use one of those remotes. I doubt that Pioneer changed their IR codes so I'm guessing that any Pioneer remote that has the buttons your looking for on it would be ok to learn from. I would also check other stores in your area that might carry Pioneer Receivers I'm sure they would let you use their remotes. If you can't find a store in your area, maybe you can find someone on this forum that would learn the codes for you if you sent them your universal remote. I would try a "NEW POST" asking if someone on this forum would do that for you.
Good Luck & I hope you find those codes.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the suggestion Bill. I purchased the reciever at Bestbuy and they did carry both the 711 and the 811. I was thinking about trying what you had suggested. My only worry is that I may not have the time and knowledge to get all the functions I need. It would be nice to have the security of having the original. The manual claims that the remote for this unit can act as a universal remote. If it could control most of my components reasonably well than the fifty dollars would be easier to swallow. If anyone has any experience with the pioneer remote for this unit or any similar please share. I have a 32 in RCA TV, an RCA vcr, a Toshiba SD 3109 and a low end TEAC 5 CD changer. Thanks again.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have a Pioneer receiver and I bought the Radio Shack 6 in one remote. I don't remember exactly but I know the code for the Pioneer receiver did quite a few commands. Perhaps you should just pick up one and try programming it and see if it does the commands you are looking for. And I'm sure there are other dealers near you that carry pioneer to learn commands from. Heck you might even try Pawn Shops! don't give up so easy!

Wes

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you decide to get a learning remote and learn the codes, you can program it with the remote for a 710 or a 810S, since they use the same remote. You may also be able to program from a 711 or 811S, but some of the commands are different. Most Best Buys still have the 710 and 810S on clearance, so you could probably find one there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks