What's new

Pioneer VSX-D709S @ refurbdepot.com .... anyone know them? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Seems as if refurbdepot isn't very loved by most. Would I be crazy to buy a refurb receiver through them? It has a 90 day warranty, should I buy the 3 year extended warranty for $20? I'm just a little leary of using them, even though the receiver is only $200. Any opinions or experiences would be great. Thanks! Here it is. http://www.refurbdepot.com/productde...roduct_ID=1653 :D

Bryce

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the VSX-709S from them. It arrived promptly and I am very pleased with the receiver. It sounds great and has a ton of features. I did not purchase the extended warranty because I don't believe in them, but that is just my opinion.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
So is it packaged like new with the remote and everything. Does it look new? Also, did it have the white sticker above the serial number meaning that it had been in for the recall? Thanks Bryce for the help.

Jason

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Also Bryce, how is the remote that comes with it? Is it up to the task as far as it controlling your other equioment and it being easy to use? thanks mon.

Jason

Bryce

Stunt Coordinator
It was packaged as new and appeared to be brand new. In fact the only way one could really determine that it was refurbished was due to the designation on the carton itself. There is a white sticker on the back indicating the design flaw was fixed. As for the remote, it has controlled all my components so far with the preprogrammed codes. All in all an excellent value.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Well ... I took the plunge. Ordered the receiver from refurbdepot.com. Got it with the 3 year extended warranty since it was only another $20. $240 shipped with a 3 year warranty seems like a good deal to me since I sold my 2.5 year old JVC DD only receiver on ebay for $160. Hopefully it will get here in one piece. Looks like a great find for under $250. Thanks for the help Bryce.

Jason

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Great reciver you will love it mostly for that price! I paid $249. at costco. The 709 is twice the reciever of the next years model 710!

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks